What We Do
The Unemployment Relief Programme (URP) manages three core programmes and fulfils the following duties and responsibilities by means of the following:
* Enhancing the entrepreneurial skills of individuals and community groups and assisting in the delivery of small-scale projects in various communities.
* Providing short-term employment for unemployed persons in various communities.
* Providing community groups such as churches and schools with assistance for small, medium, and large scale projects.
* Awarding special projects to small-scale contractors who will provide both the labour and materials for the project. Contractors are recruited for a variety of projects, beautification works and repair works to damaged community property.
* Providing training for women while they are employed in areas such as crafts, furnishings, cleaning, painting, community work, geriatric care and beautification projects.