The Ministry of Works and Transport (MOWT) would like to take this opportunity to provide an update on the progress of the repairs to the landslip at La Fortune Pluck Road/Santa Cecilia Trace, San Francique. To date, the Ministry has initiated works on this project. However, prior to commencing works on the landslip, a number of preliminary activities must be undertaken. These include the following:
1. Mobilization of the contractors’ facilities on-site, which consist of the establishment of site offices, the placement of appropriate signage, conducting surveying, etc. This activity is ongoing.
2. Relocation of utilities along the affected roadway. This involves the rerouting of utility lines for water and electricity and is currently being completed by the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) and the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC) respectively. This process is ongoing.
3. Rehabilitation of the designated detour route along Chickorie Trace onto Ramnath Street, which will be used by the commuting public during repairs to the landslip. Works along the detour route include patching, widening and paving. These works are approximately 100% complete.
4. Construction of an access route from La Fortune Pluck Road to Santa Cecilia Trace to provide entry and exit to residents from Santa Cecilia Trace. These works are approximately 30% complete and include shoring and temporary road construction. Upon substantial completion of these preliminary activities, construction works on the main landslip will commence.
This will include the following:
2. Temporary shoring
3. Structural works inclusive of pile-supported retaining wall
4. Drainage works
As road works progress, the MOWT will continue to monitor and provide project updates on the repair of the landslip, while it maintains access and connectivity to motorists and residents of the affected area.