GENERAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Customers are advised to note the following general information when conducting transactions at any Licensing Office location
PROOF OF ADDRESS
Proof of Address Documents Required To Access Licensing Services
With effect from Monday 23rd November, 2020, a proof of address (utility bill) became a mandatory requirement to access services at the Licensing Division to conduct specific service transactions at all of the Licensing Offices. To access the detailed information, click here. To access the official Public Notice, click here.
- Where applicants are required to produce a photograph with their applications, the following specifications should be adhered to:
- The photograph shall be passport-sized.
- Photographs for a Provisional Permit should have a green background.
- The photograph should be no older than six months before the date of submission of the application.
PERIOD OF RENEWAL FOR DRIVER'S PERMIT
An application for renewal of a driving permit will be entertained NO EARLIER than ONE MONTH before the date of its expiry.
An application for the renewal of a driver’s permit for a person traveling abroad will not be entertained earlier than SIX MONTHS before expiry, with relevant travel documents.
The fees listed in the booklet are subjected to change by Notice published in the Trinidad and Tobago Gazette.
Members of the general public are required to adhere to the following dress code when conducting transactions at Licensing Offices:
|FEMALE DRESS CODE
||MALE DRESS CODE
No Strapless Tops
No Tank Tops
No Short Pants
No Exposed Midriff
No Visible Underwear
No Short Pants
CLASSES OF PERMITS
The following is a list of the different Classes of Permits that are listed under the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Act.
- Class 1 - Motor Cycles
- Class 2 - Wheel Tractors
- Class 3 - Light Motor Vehicles
- Class 4 - Heavy Motor Vehicles (including motor vehicles whose maximum gross weight exceeds 2950 kilogrammes, but does not exceed 15,000 kilogrammes)
- Class 5 - Extra Heavy Motor Vehicles (including motor vehicles whose maximum gross weight exceeds 15,000 kilogrammes)
- Class 6 - Omnibuses
- Class 7 - Track Tractors, Motor Cranes & Track Cranes (Motor vehicles not specified in Classes 1 to 6)
LICENSING SERVICES FORMS
All Licensing Services Forms issued by the Transport Division are available via the Ministry of Works and Transport website at www.mowt.gov.tt