The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the general public of the following changes that will take effect from Monday 20th July, 2020:
- DRIVER’S PERMIT TRANSACTIONS FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
Senior Citizens who wish to conduct Drivers’ Permit Transactions are now required to visit Licensing Offices on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the hours of 2:00pm to 3:30pm. Senior citizens are exempted from utilising the Pre-Booking Appointment System, as such no appointments are required to conduct transactions. This has become necessary to ensure customers with appointments are served on time and that social distancing guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- COLLECTION OF CERTIFIED COPIES & EXTRACTS
Appointments are no longer required for the following services: Collection of Certified Copies, Extracts and Inspection Certificates. Citizens are now encouraged to collect their certified copies at the Caroni, Wrightson Road and San Fernando Licensing Offices Only. Persons are required to visit the Ministry’s Website link to verify if certified copies are available / ready for collection prior to visiting the Caroni, Wrightson Road and San Fernando Licensing Offices.
- SERVICES OFFERED BY APPOINTMENTS ONLY
The Appointment Booking System remains in effect for the following services at all Licensing Offices:
- Application for Driving Permits
- Application for Provisional (Learner’s) Permits
- Regulation Examinations
- Driving Test
- Lost Permits (Provisional and Driver’s Permits)
- Driving Permit Renewals
- Notification of Change
- Taxi Badge
- School Bus Services
Internet Bookings can be made via the website: https://www.picktime.com/licensingappointment| | Telephone Bookings: 612-2700/612-2701/612-2710. Calls for appointments must be made between the hours 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
- SERVICES THAT DO NOT REQUIRE APPOINTMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Citizens are no longer required to book appointments for the following services:
- Collection of Certified Copies
- Collection of Extracts
- Collection of Inspections Certificates
- Application for Workman’s Permit
- Maxi Taxi Services
- School Bus
- Registration of Used and New Vehicles (Non-Companies only)
- Registration of Used and New Vehicle Dealers (Access Card Required)
Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to thank the public for its continued cooperation.
Download Public Notice