The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public of new traffic flow arrangements in Lady Hailes Avenue, Queen Street and King Streets, San Fernando. Please note the following traffic restrictions:
Queen Street between Trinidad and Tobago Municipal Police Station (TTMP) and the vicinity of Fish Market
- One-way traffic North only, along Queen Street between TTMP and Fish Market (See Diagram 1)
- One-way traffic East only, along Queen Street between Fish Market and the intersection with
Lady Hailes Avenue (See Diagram 2) Lady Hailes Avenue between Queen Street and TTMP
- One-way traffic South only, along Lady Hailes Avenue (See Diagram 1)
- Motorists heading South along Lady Hailes Avenue wishing to access Queen Street can keep right onto the deceleration lane and make a U-turn via the link road to proceed north onto Queen Street (See Diagram 1)
PTSC Terminal / Lady Hailes Avenue / Queen Street Intersection
- Heading South toward the intersection from PTSC Terminal, no right turn allowed onto King Street (see Diagram 2)
- Heading west toward the intersection along Queen Street, only a left turn is allowed onto Lady Hailes Avenue (see Diagram 2)
- Heading east toward the intersection along Queen Street, left turn toward PTSC Terminal, straight through the intersection along Queen Street and right turn onto Lady Hailes Avenue are allowed.
San Fernando General Hospital Entrance / Lady Hailes Intersection
Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Heading South towards the intersection along Lady Hailes Avenue, no U-turn allowed onto Queen Street
- Heading North towards the intersection along Lady Hailes Avenue, veer left and proceed North onto Queen Street (see Diagram 3). Motorists are allowed to turn right toward San Fernando General Hospital
- Heading South towards the intersection along Lady Hails Avenue, keep left, and proceed South along Lady Hailes Avenue (see Diagram 3)
- Heading West towards the intersection from San Fernando General Hospital, only a left turn onto Lady Hailes Avenue and a right turn onto Queen Street are allowed. These new turning movements were implemented on Monday August 07th, 2023.
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and paint markings.
- Drive with caution on all newly paved surfaces.
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry of Works and Transport’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the PURE Unit at 638-2350 or 2256/675-4052.
Download Public Notice