CUREPE INTERCHANGE PROJECT
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC DISRUPTION
(Along the Southern Main Road south of its intersection with the Churchill Roosevelt Highway)
The National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO) in Partnership with the Ministry
of Works and Transport (MOWT) wishes to advise the general public (motorists/residents) that:
• there will be a temporary traffic disruption along the Southern Main Road (SMR) south of its
intersection with the Churchill Roosevelt Highway (CRH) in the vicinity of the Old Kay Donna
Compound on Sunday 8th March, 2020 between the hours of 7:00A.M. and 12:00P.M. to facilitate
paving works associated with the Curepe Interchange Project.
One (1) lane of traffic will remain open to motorists in both directions along the SMR at all times.
Motorists are advised however that the following alternative routes may also be utilized:
• Caroni Savannah Road to access the Uriah Butler Highway; and
• Trantrill Road /Freeman Road to access the Churchill Roosevelt Highway.
Motorists are also advised to comply with following:
• proceed with caution and drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
• observe all temporary directional signage provided on the approaches to the site
• instructions issued by police officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
• be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
All precautions are being taken by the MOWT, NIDCO and its Contractor to guarantee proper Health, Safety and Environmental Standards are maintained.
We thank you for your continued cooperation and regret any inconvenience caused.