Cocos Bay is located on the eastern coastline, south of the Nariva River Mouth on the Mayaro-Manzanilla Road. South Cocos Bay is within Cocos Bay, at the Nariva River Mouth. For many years the Manzanilla-Mayaro Road has been affected by flooding during high tides and sections of this roadway have been eroded due to such activity. The shoreline is also being eroded. A shoreline protection scheme was implemented to reduce erosion and inundation.
SCOPE OF WORKS
At South Cocos Bay,
* The installation of sheet pile seawall
* Construction of 735 linear meters of rock revetment;
* Ancillary works.
At Cocos Bay ,
* The construction of 500 linear meters of rock revetment; ancillary works.
BENEFITS OF THE PROJECT
* Preventing damage to public and private properties, and infrastructure
* Eliminate the loss / damage to the Manzanilla-Mayaro Road;
* Reduce losses in the productive sector as a result of traffic and other disruptions are the main benefits of the project.