Quinam Beach Facility was officially reopened in December 2018. The Quinam Beach Facility is located along the southern coastline of Trinidad accessed via the Penal-Quinam Road. It is bordered by the National Forest Reserve to the north, the access road on the west, a small stream to the east and the Atlantic Ocean to the south. Quinam Beach also borders two corporations: Penal/Debe Regional Corporation and Siparia Regional Corporation. Records shows that on a weekend, there are approximately 200 visitors to the Quinam Beach Facility. The Quinam Beach is a recreational site for swimming, kayaking, kite flying, recreational fishing, religious and other activities.
COASTAL PROTECTION SCOPE OF WORKS
- Construction of 200 m of rock revetment at +3.5 m crest elevation
- Construction of 54m sheet pile with a boardwalk
- Cliff Stabilisation of the western cliff along bay
- Landscaping, drainage and ancillary works
- Protection of Infrastructural public property and infrastructural assets of the beach facility including the Penal Quinam Road, Life Guard Building from coastal erosion and inundation.
- Increase in amenity value of the beach facility
- Improved aesthetics of the area.
- Increased user friendly amenities