COVID - 19 PREVENTATIVE MEASURES - IMPLEMENTED BY THE WATER TAXI SERVICE
The Water Taxi Service (WTS) advises the public that it is undertaking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our passengers in light of the confirmed cases cases of the COVID - 19 in Trinidad and Tobago.
The WTS has enforced preventative measures in accordace with the Ministry of Health (MOH) advisories to avoid the spread of the virus on boeard its vessels and its terminals. The following are steps taken:
* The number seating for passengers accomodated at each terminal and every sailing has been reduced by 50%. This is in an effort to implement "social distancing" among passengers and is based on a first come, first serve basis.
* Cancellation of all yours and charter services until further notice.
* All vessels in the WTS are properly sanitized before and after every sailing.
* All vessels are aired out before and after every sailing to allow fresh air to circulate, which will significantly reduce the spread of the virus.
* Air condition will be used only during sailings.
* The frequency with which all handrails, railings, tabletops and walls are sanitized has been tripled.
* Passengers are mandated to use hand sanitizer provided before entry at both terminals.
* Discouraging of all commuters who are displaying flu-like symptoms from traveling on the vessels.
* Increased vigilance by the CSR staff to identify persons who exhibit symptoms of COVID - 19.
* Daily safety briefings on precautions for dealing with the COVID - 19 are done on-board.
* The crew and staff members of the WTS were all briefed in a sessions by representatives of the Port of Spain General Hospital on hygiene and other preventative measures.
* Provision of hand sanitizer and gloves for all staff members.
The WTS continues to monitor and comply with updates issued by the MOH on COVID - 19 to ensure all safety measures are properly executed as we continue to provide a safe and reliable service to our passengers.